Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The One With Summertime

SUMMERTIME

This summer is really flying by.

Cracker Barrel is great, I really enjoy working there. Hillary and I are asked everyday if we are sisters. We basically are so maybe instead of saying, no we've been BFF since second grade, we should just say "Why yes, Yes we are".
A few things I have learned about waitressing:
* Old people do not tip well. They tip a dollar per person. (2 old people, two dollars etc.) However I had one table of SIX annoying old people whos bill was a measly 28 dollars because they all ordered a kids meal which happens to come with a free drink. Tip? 4 dollars. Come on old people!!
*Some people come in only to see how much free stuff they can get out of you. They do this by switching what they order after you've already placed the order. When their food arrives, they say i didnt have this I had that, but want to keep their plate... so I come back with the new item, and they of course have eaten "the mistake".
*Some people are just crazy. NO shrimp is not a side.. No we realllly dont serve wine, and I dont need to check, because i know for a FACT we dont.
*BREAD FIXES EVERYTHING. It can distract children,and can be offered while waiting to distract from long ticket times. What person isnt a little happier with a sweet little warm biscuit? I think this is why Mexican places are so awesome. Chips probably work the same way.
*Campfire Chicken is the best thing we serve. No, I havent tried it, and no I dont reallly like baked chicken, but it comes out SOO fast because its all ready to order and it has ALL the sides perfectly nestled directly inside the cute little foil bag.



*Even though waitressing is HARD work, I love it. I make such good tips, I love the people I work for and with, I love the cracker barrel store and management, AND even though some customers can be absolutely impossible, the really pleasant ones make work so much more worthwile.

IN OTHER NON CRACKERBARREL NEWS..

Vernon graduated from the police academy. Its been a long time coming and hes worked so hard. We are all very proud of him. :]







Finally,.. Daddy, Anne, and I will be leaving for Jeff County Kentucky this coming Saturday for Appalachian Service Project, ASP, with out church. We spend an entire work spilt into work crews of about 3 adults (IM AN ADULT NOW!!) building, repairing, and making families homes/trailers safer and better. This will be Annes first year but Daddy and I's third. Mom will be home working and spending quality time with Romona. :]
I love ASP, I am not an outdoorsy, hardworking, type of girl. I hate being hot, sweaty, outside, and dirty. Needless to say between ASP and work I have had to adjust my high standards. But you better believe when Im not at work my hair is down, I have on a dress and sandles (unless swimming).

Anyways, thats all for now. I cant wait for ASP and what it has in store for me this year. Each year God finds a way to let me have a wonderful experience and to have a chance to help a family, firsthand, who is really in need. I also so enjoy being able to catch up and spend the whole week with my Dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment